28 June, 2011

Darling I Do

We chose this as one of the songs to play at Joseph's funeral, which was in March, 9 weeks after he died.

This song resonates, not only because of the words, but because it's played in Shrek - Forever After. My kids love this movie and I'm sure if Joseph was here, he'd be watching along with his 3 big brothers.

It's actually a love song, but the words spoke to me.

A mother's love is like no other. No one could see him the way I do, surely not.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKANIDafQE&feature=related

Golden leaves looked brown to me.
The world had less colour without you.
Shapes in the sky, looked plain to my eyes.
The world had less colour without you.

I...know...plenty of people...with...eyes...closed,
They don't see you like I do,
Darling I do.

Notes on the keys, meant nothing to me.
The world didn't sing without you.
Birds in the trees, fell silent for me.
The world didn't sing without you,
Without you.

I...know...plenty of people...with...eyes...closed,
The don't see you like I do,
Darling I do...darling I do,
See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment